Barbeque Potato Salad
Perfect timing for summer with a nice kick.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Barbecue Sauce (Makes about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 cup tomato puree/sauce
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce (Whole Foods carries a vegan & gf version)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 6 cups gold potatoes chopped into chunks 1/2 inch each
- 3/4 cup of above barbecue sauce
- 1 cup chopped raw celery
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- salt and pepper to season the potatoes
- First, make your barbecue sauce by combining all the ingredients and whisking until smooth. Place in the fridge to chill while you prepare the potatoes.
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Chop your potatoes and spread out evenly on the pan. Season well with salt and pepper and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until very golden brown.
- While the potatoes are cooking, chop your celery or carrot. Get your corn ready as well. I just thawed some frozen corn.
- When the potatoes are done, let them cool a few minutes and then add them to a large bowl. Add the chopped celery/carrot and corn and the barbecue sauce using only 3/4 cup of the sauce (or use as much as you want). Toss everything together until evenly coated. Place to chill in the fridge for 12 hours or until ready to serve. This can be prepared the day before as well.
- I chopped up some of the celery leaves for garnish right before serving. Enjoy!