Chicken Tortilla-less Soup Recipe
This Crockpot Chicken Tortilla-less soup is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner after a busy day, or as an easy lunch to last you the week.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 4 Hours
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 boneless, skinless organic chicken breast
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 t chili powder
- 1 t ground cumin
- black pepper to taste
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté onion, bell pepper, jalapeño and garlic until onions are translucent. Transfer the cooked vegetables into the slow cooker and add the remaining ingredients (excluding the cilantro). Cook everything for 4 hours on high, or 8 hours on low.
- Once everything is cooked, remove the chicken to a cutting board or plate. Using two forks, or a knife, shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Transfer the chicken back into the slow cooker and stir to mix.
- Pour the soup into serving bowls and top with cilantro. Enjoy!
Add some sliced avocado and fresh squeezed lime on top.