Ginger Shiitake Noodle Soup
It can be tough to get enough Vitamin D at this time of year when you're not exposed to much sunlight. The good news is shiitake mushrooms serve as a great source of Vitamin D. Couple this with nutritional powerhouse bok choy, and you’ve got yourself one healthy meal.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 ounces (about 15) shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 5 heads baby bok choy, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 ounces rice noodles
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: dash of tamari to serve
- Sauté mushrooms in oil over medium-high heat for about three minutes.
- Add bok choy and cook for about three more minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes, and cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add broth and cook until broth begins to boil.
- Add rice noodles and cook until al dente.
- Season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Add tamari before serving, if desired.