Grilled Eggplant With Mint
Grilling season is upon us! How about some eggplant grilled to perfection tossed in a delicious marinade!
- 8 small narrow globe or Japanese eggplants, halved lengthwise
- 2 lemons
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 - 2 pinches red pepper flakes
- 1 large handful mint leaves, chopped
- Put the eggplant in a large bowl, season with salt, the juice of 1 of the lemons, and a generous glug of olive oil. Turn the eggplant until well coated.
- Prepare a medium-hot charcoal grill. Grill the eggplant cut side down without moving them until they are well browned with good grill marks and can be moved without sticking to the grill, about 5 minutes. Turn them over and grill the other side until the flesh is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the eggplant back to the bowl with the marinade and squeeze the juice from the remaining lemon over them. Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, mint, and plenty of olive oil. Toss until well coated and season with salt. Serve warm or at room temperature.
By Canal House