Healthy Homemade Mayonnaise
A simple and healthy homemade mayo with olive and coconut oils.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- 4 egg yolks at room temperature
- 1 TBSP lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tsp regular or Dijon mustard (or �_ tsp dried mustard)
- Salt and pepper
- ��� cup olive oil
- ��� cup coconut oil (warm) or other healthy oil (macadamia works well)
- Put egg yolks into blender or bowl and whisk/blend until smooth
- Add lemon juice or vinegar, mustard and spices and blend until mixed
- SLOWLY add oil while blending or whisking at low speed, starting with olive oil. Start with a drop at a time until it starts to emulsify and then keep adding slowly until all oil is incorporated.
- Store in fridge up to 1 week.
If you�۪re allergic to eggs, try this egg-free avocado based mayo recipe instead.
By Wellness Mama