Lasagna Squash Rollups Recipe
Check out this healthy lasagna that could make a great addition to your Thanksgiving table. Going meatless doesn't mean giving up flavor with this layered lasagna, filled with delicious and nutritious ingredients.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- 12 lasagna gluten-free lasagna noodles
- 1 to 2 cups fresh basil
- 1/2 to 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 1/4 c Unsweetened Almondmilk
- 1 package 14oz organic firm tofu, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 T red wine vinegar
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- Salt, as desired
- 1 1/2 cups pureed squash
- 3 cups spinach
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 375� F.
- Cut squash in half and remove seeds. Bake for 45 minutes or until fork tender. Once cool, peel and mash with a fork.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package until al dente (still firm when you bite into it). Drain, rinse and cool.
- Make Basil Tofu Ricotta
- In a blender or food processor, combine basil, parsley, and milk. Blend until herbs are pureed. In a bowl, crumble tofu with hands. Mix herb mixture, crumble tofu, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, and salt. Set aside
- In a large oven-safe pan, pour one cup of tomato sauce in the bottom.
- Lay cooked lasagna noodles out onto your work station. Spread a thin layer squash puree onto the full length of each noodle. Top half each noodle with a thin layer of the ricotta mixture and a layer of spinach.
- Roll the noodle starting from the end with ricotta. Place so the open sides are face up into the pan. Repeat with all noodles.
- Pour remaining sauce over top of noodles.
- Bake at 375�F for 30 to 45 minutes or until sauce is bubbling. Serve.