Sesame-Crusted Tofu with Lemongrass-Orange Reduction
Serve these crispy tofu cutlets with steamed greens. The bright citrus sauce also works as a tasty topping for roasted squash. Quick, easy, tasty recipe!
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 40
- 1 16-oz pkg. firm tofu, drained
- 6 Tbs. hulled sesame seeds
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (�_ cup)
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh lemongrass
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 Tbs. reduced-sodium tamari
- 1 orange, for garnish (optional)
- To make Cutlets: Press tofu between 2 cutting boards; tip boards over sink edge 30 minutes. Halve tofu crosswise into 2 slabs, then slice slabs into 2 cutlets.
- To make Reduction: Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, and pepper; saut̩ 3 minutes. Whisk in juice, broth, and tamari. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Spread sesame seeds on plate. Dredge Cutlets in sesame seeds.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat; add Cutlets. Cook 10 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once. Serve each cutlet with 3 orange slices (if using) and 3 Tbs. Reduction.