Brussels Sprouts with Caramelized Onions
Our Sautթed Brussels Sprouts with Caramelized Onions uses just a few simple ingredients and quick, easy-to-follow directions. This modest recipe will demonstrate how lovely plant-based ingredients are when they are prepared in a straightforward and pure manner.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 T sesame seeds
- 2 T. avocado oil, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups fresh Brussels sprouts, washed and sliced in half
- Pecans for garnish (optional)
- Place a heavy skillet on the stove top and adjust to medium-high heat. When skillet is hot, add sesame seeds and toast until they are golden brown,
about 3 to 5 minutes. Then remove them from the pan and set them aside.
- Next, add 1 tablespoon avocado oil and the onions to the hot skillet. Cook until the onions are caramelized (browned around the edges and soft), then
remove them from the pan and set them aside.
- Next, add an additional tablespoon avocado oil to the hot skillet and place the Brussels sprouts face down, cooking until caramelized, about 7 to 9
minutes. Adding a splash of water at the very end will help the caramelizing process.
- Remove the Brussels sprouts from the heat. Place in a large bowl and combine with the onions and toasted sesame seeds.
Categories: Side-DishPrint Recipe