Carrot Pancakes With Lemon Herb Tahini
With a texture somewhere between a latke and a pancake, but comprised of carrots and healthy greens, these vegetarian fritters are also gluten-free. (Thanks, chickpea flour!) A delicious recipe that is easy to make!
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Mintues
- 4 large eggs (blended)
- 1 pound peeled organic carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped organic cilantro
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup spicy greens (i.e. baby mustard greens, watercress, or arugula)
- 1 tablespoon organic lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Tahini sauce
- 1 organic lemon
- Herb(s) of choice (i.e. parsley, basil, dill)
- Mix eggs, carrots, cilantro, and chickpea flour in a large bowl. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat.
- Scoop two 1/2-cupfuls of carrot mixture into skillet, pressing each to 1/2" thickness.
- Cook, rotating skillet occasionally for even browning, until pancakes are golden brown (about 3 minutes per side).
- Transfer to paper towels to drain. Repeat to make 2 more pancakes, adding more oil to skillet if needed.
- Toss greens with lemon juice and remaining 1 Tbsp. oil. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Season tahini sauce with kosher salt, pepper, and herb(s) of your choice. Squeeze fresh lemon over sauce.
- Serve carrot pancakes with salad and lemon herb tahini sauce.
By Jessica Koslow
Adapted from Bon AppetitPrint Recipe