Paleo Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore Recipe Recipe
One pot dishes are the way to go for busy people! This is coming from a truly busy person! You can use a whole chicken, breasts or thighs, a saut̩ pan or a slow cooker, and a complicated ingredients list or just a few ingredients.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 6 Hours
Personally, I prefer a short ingredients list and to use a slow cooker, because I like to just throw everything in the pot and come back to a perfectly cooked meal in six or eight hours. I highly recommend choosing an organic and free range chicken rather than one factory farmed. There are some nationally known brands out there that use the word "natural" and it means NOTHING. Do your do diligence for your health and your loved one's health.
- 2 T of coconut oil, walnut oil or avocado oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 1/2 t dried oregano
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 t red pepper flakes
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup of low sodium chicken stock
- 2 lb white mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 Whole Organic Chicken
- Cook the coconut oil, onions, tomato paste, oregano, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan until the onions are soft.
- Put the onion mixture into the crockpot.
- Stir in the tomatoes, chicken stock, mushrooms.
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and add them to the crockpot.
- Mix everything together.
- Cover and cook on low for four to six hours.