Pumpkin Pecan Bites
This is a quick and easy dessert that is tasty too. I like to whip this up and then take it to a party with me. It feels good to contribute and it's healthy. It's low in sugar, gluten and dairy free too.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 3/4 cup dates
- 3/4 cup almond meal (or use 3/4 cup of lightly salted almonds in a food processor)
- 2 tablespoon brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoon Pure Pumpkin Puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- Soak dates for 20 minutes.
- Add the almond and process until a coarse meal is achieved.
- Add the rice flour to the processor along with the chopped pecans.
- Add the dates, pumpkin puree and spices.
- Process until it comes together much like dough would.
- If necessary, adjust seasoning.
- Scoop out bite size pieces and roll between hands to make it round and place on platter.
- Also, you can press into any shape
- Keep refrigerated and eat within a 3 days. They also freeze well.
Optional: you can roll the balls in coconut, cocoa powder, add cranberries, or chocolate chips, or use your imagination.
Categories: DessertPrint Recipe