Raw Cacao, Ginger + Avocado Mousse
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 avocados
- 1 vanilla pod, split open lengthways
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons coconut water
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons runny honey
- Put the coconut oil in a small pan and heat gently for 5 minutes until melted. Remove from the heat.
- While the coconut oil is melting, slice the avocados in half and remove the pits. Scrape all the flesh into a blender or food processor. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla pod and add to the blender.
- Add the grated ginger and coconut water and blitz until smooth. Now add the coconut oil along with the raw cacao powder and honey. Blitz for 2 minutes until completely smooth. (If you don't have a blender you can mix everything together by hand although the texture may not be as smooth.)
- poon the mixture into four small ramekins or dessert glasses and leave to set in the fridge for 1 - 2 hours before serving.
By Lily Simpson And Rob Hobson
Adapted from The Detox Kitchen Bible
Categories: DessertPrint Recipe