Veggie Goodness Grain Bowl Recipe Recipe
If you are looking for a filling meal that is vegan, gluten free and dairy free look no further. This Veggie Goodness Grain Bowl is so delicious that even
meat lovers will be left without room for dessert. The raw veggies are refreshing, the nuts, seeds, and crispy tofu provide a protein crunch and the
creamy dressing just puts it over the top. Have some fun with the recipe by mixing up the veggies, grains, nuts and seeds, you can use whatever you
have on hand. This amazing vegan meal will leave you feeling satisfied and bursting with energy.
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Serving size: 4-6 servings
- 1.5 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cups tofu, diced into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 large beet, peeled and grated
- 3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup tamari
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp tahini paste
- In a medium pot add the quinoa and 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15min, or until all of the water is absorbed.
- Heat olive oil and sesame oil in a large pan over medium heat. Drain tofu and cut into 1.5cm cubes. Saut_ tofu for roughly 10min or until golden on all sides, remove from the pan and set aside.
- You can enjoy the almonds and seeds raw, or you can toast them by placing the almonds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds in a dry pan and toasting them on high heat until golden. They will toast really quickly so stay with the pan and give it a shake every few seconds. Set aside to cool.
- Place the garlic in the food processor and pulse until minced. Add the remaining dressing ingredients and pulse until smooth.
- To assemble the grain bowl place a layer of warm quinoa at the bottom of the bowl. Then top with all the veggies, then the tofu and sprinkle on the nuts and seeds. Top it all off with some dressing and enjoy warm.
Veggie Goodness Grain Bowl will keep well in the fridge but I recommend storing everything in different containers so the flavors stay separate and the beets don't dye everything purple. The toasted nuts can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature once they have cooled.