Roasted Curried Cauliflower
An Indian-inspired spice blend adds a warm hue and gives this vegetable dish an exotic taste.
One serving of cauliflower contains 77 percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin C. It's also a good source of vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium, and manganese.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 Minutes
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into uniform florets
- 1-2 T avocado oil, melted coconut oil, or ghee
- 2-4 t of curry powder, to taste
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- half a lemon
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Put the rack in the lower middle of the oven.
- Put the florets in a bowl and tossed them with oil.
- Add curry powder, salt, and pepper.
- Dump the seasoned florets on a foil-lined baking sheet and covered it tightly with another sheet of foil.
- Put the tray in the oven for 15 minutes and then remove the top layer of foil. Roast the cauliflower for 20 more minutes, flipping the florets every
8 minutes or so until they are softened and browned in parts.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving bowl. Squeeze lemon over the top and sprinkle with cilantro.