Simple Banana Pancakes
Here's a healthy and simple banana pancake recipe you can make on those busy mornings. Serve topped with fresh fruit instead of maple syrup to satisfy that sweet tooth without the extra calories.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 c fresh strawberries stems removed
- 3 eggs
- 1 banana
- 1 t almond butter
- 2 T flax meal
- 1 t arrowroot
- 1 t coconut sugar or maple syrup (optional)
- 1 t coconut oil
- In advance, blend strawberries in a high-speed blender until mixture is a sauce-like consistency. Place sauce in a small serving bowl and set aside.
- Place all ingredients for pancakes in blender and blend on medium speed for 30 seconds or until mixture is smooth. (Instead of using a blender, you
may place ingredients in a bowl and use a handheld mixer.)
- Heat a large ceramic nonstick pan or griddle sprayed with a light coat of coconut oil over medium-low heat.
- Ladle small circles of batter onto the heated pan, about 3 inches in diameter (about the size of an average can top). If you make them too large they
will burn and be difficult to turn. Watch closely, as they cook quickly, usually about 30 to 45 seconds per side.
- Plate pancakes and spoon a small amount of strawberry sauce over the top.
Categories: BreakfastPrint Recipe