Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet potatoes are complex carbohydrates that contain protein.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 3 Sweet potatoes
- 2 Table Spoon cornstarch (optional)
- 3-5 Table Spoon Olive oil
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into pieces. Try to cut them into similarly sized pieces so the fries will bake evenly.
- Toss the uncooked fries into a mixing bowl or a plastic bag, or just onto your baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cornstarch (if using) and pour in a few tablespoons of olive oil, enough to lightly coat the fries.
- Season with salt, pepper, and spices.
- Pour the fries directly onto a dark, non-stick baking sheet for best results (lining with aluminum foil produces mixed results and parchment paper can burn in the hot oven).
- Arrange your fries in a single layer and don't overcrowd, otherwise they will never crisp up.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then flip the fries so they can cook on all sides. I find the easiest way to flip them is with a metal spatula. Section by section, scoop up about ten fries and flip them with a quick turn of the wrist.
- Bake for 10 to 15 more minutes, or until the fries are crispy
Categories: Side-DishPrint Recipe