Thai Spaghetti Squash Recipe
A fun and healthy spin on the classic Pad Thai. This flavorful low-carb dish is tasty and filling, even if you're not watching your waistline!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley or cilantro
- 2 T crushed peanuts
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- 2/3 cup natural, unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 T soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 2 t toasted sesame oil
- 2 t red curry paste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Half the squash and scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle inside with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Place spaghetti squash cut side down on a baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes.
- Place all sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Then turn down to low and simmer for 5 minutes while stirring almost constantly.
- Take off heat to cool sauce.
- When spaghetti squash is done roasting, take it out from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Then, using a fork, scrape out the spaghetti squash strands. If your squash is very moist, you might have to place the strands in a colander and pat with paper towel.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic, chopped parsley and 1/4 cup of the peanut sauce pan and combine. Add spaghetti squash and crushed peanuts, stir to combine and cook until heated through (about 2 minutes).
- Plate and garnish with a little more crushed peanuts and chopped parsley. Serve right away.