Vanilla Almond Protein Truffles
If you are looking for a decadent protein packed treat these Vanilla Almond Protein Truffles are for you. They are delicious in a coat your mouth with rich chocolate almond buttery goodness kind of way. They contain ZERO calories from sugar because the stevia in the vanilla protein powder provides all the sweetness you need.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes (inactive time)
Serving size: 1 truffle
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp stevia *if using unsweetened protein powder
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla (add 2 tsp if using plain protein powder)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- In a small bowl mix together the dry ingredients, protein powder, cacao, cinnamon and stevia (if using).
- In another bowl mix together almond butter, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until mixed. Place the mixture in the fridge to stiffen for 30min.
- Form the mixture into 12 truffles and roll them in the finely chopped almonds. Place in the freezer to set for at least an hour.
- The protein truffles are best enjoyed straight out of the freezer because they tend to melt as the warm up.
Once the protein truffles have hardened, you can store them in an air tight container in the freezer. As mentioned above, these truffles make a delicious post workout snack and they are best enjoyed straight out of the freezer because they start to melt if they are at room temperature for too long.
Categories: DessertPrint Recipe